Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Confession of a Nigerian Christian

This prayer of confession comes from The Oxford Book of Prayer, which despite containing prayers from false religions, has many wonderful Christian prayers that I have found to be a blessing. It's kind of humorous, but the metaphor is perfect for expressing the subtle way the enemy can get a foothold in our lives through sin.

"God in Heaven, you have helped my life to grow like a tree. Now something has happened. Satan, like a bird, has carried in pone of his choosing after another. Before I knew it he had built a dwelling place and was living in it. tonight, my father, I am throwing out both the bird and the nest."

Prayer of a Nigerian Christian


Lord help us all to throw out the bird and the nest. Amen.

No comments: